Friday, July 13, 2018

A little sewing with friends

My friend Lily's mom (my Explorer's leader) noticed that the AHG catalog now has 18" doll uniforms.  I have wanted doll uniforms for my girls, and mom and I had talked about it, but we had not actually done anything, but purchase a small amount of blue and red fabric at one point.  Lily's mom bought all of the fabric as well as miniature flags to use as patches.  The moms talked about it with each other and set a day for us to sew.   I have had more experience than Lily, so I could have managed this on my own, but it was more fun to sew with a friend. 
Lily and I sewed one doll khaki skirt.  My mom sewed and embroidered both vests, and Lily's mom sewed us each a pair of khaki pants.   Nanea and Lily's doll, who she named Addy, model the uniforms. 
I know they will have a ton of camping adventures with all of their camping gear.  Now they can also do the more formal side of AHG.  

No comments:

Post a Comment