Saturday, August 11, 2018

SOPD update, meet Hannah, Cinnamon, and a group picture!

I just finished up a week at Camp Caraway!  I have never been before, I usually go to The Rock, but a couple of things didn't work out for me to go there this year, and other things worked out for me to go to Caraway.  I went with leaders and kids that I know from my church and Awana.  I had a lot of fun!  I was worried before camp because my parents weren't going to be there, and I was worried that it wouldn't measure up to The Rock, but I realized that it was different.  I had a lot more fun, learned and tried new things, and it was a blast!  I passed the swim test this year at camp!  It felt so good, I have worked hard at my swimming this year.  I did paintball sling shot, pottery, dancing, and a lot of other activities. I hit the bulls eye in air rifles.  I got to be bunk mates with Morgan and across bunks from Lila, two of my friends from church. At Caraway, they let you choose which activities you do. I had some time with my dorm, and other times where I was with different campers while I did my activities.  I wrote Bunk Notes to my family.  They also sent them to me.  One of my chaperones told my mom that I was so busy having fun that I didn't get homesick once!

SOPD update::
Now that my week at Camp Caraway is over and my parents are back from the mission trip to TN with my brothers,we planned to get Opal tomorrow!!! My mom texted the owner to set up a time.  The owner said that thought she see's expanded milk glands!!! If this is the case, Opal may have her foal in the next week or so!  The owner wants to have her vet come and take a look, so instead of picking up Opal, tomorrow will visit her.  I would love to get her now, we are pretty much ready, but the current owner is concerned that transporting her, and a new environment would be difficult for her and the baby, so we wait.  Waiting is hard.

Meet Hannah::
When my parents picked me up today we went to eat at Showmars with my friend Morgan and her family.  I spent the night with Morgan last night.  I loved spending time with Morgan, she and I have so much in common, and we had so much fun!  But I missed my family, so it was good to be back with them too.
After lunch my dad had to run an errand, so we stopped at the thrift stores close to the errands and my mom found an American Girl doll for less than $5!!!!
I decided that her name needed to be Hannah.  She had a little surface grime on her vinyl, as most thrift store dolls do, but after a wipe down with antibacterial wipes, and then a Mr. Clean Eraser, and some hair brushing, she looks very nice.  Her legs and arms are tight, her body is perfect, her neck strings are in tact, her wig is secure.  So overall she is in really great condition.
She is Truly Me #55, but her hair is no longer curly, just slightly wavy.  She came with her pink underwear and this meet dress, no shoes.  Her freckles are super cute.  I counted 42. I love her hazel eyes, and her dark hair is a pretty mixture of dark browns.  Mom and I are still deciding if we are going to try to curl it, or use a flat iron on it.  It has gone a bit frizzy at the ends.
Oh, and as you can see my mom dyed my hair.  I get lots of compliments, I think it makes me look a little older.  It has faded a bit from all of the sun and swimming, but I still love it!

Meet Cinnamon::
Right before camp my mom found a MLA chestnut foal at our local Christian Ministries store.  I was wanting a Chestnut, but didn't have room unless I expanded the stables for the full sized horse. She surprised me with the foal, and I named her Cinnamon.  Now I have all of the colors of MLA horses (Black, Chestnut, Palomino, and Appaloosa) other than the dark brown.   I reorganized the stables and in the original stall (box) for Vanilla, Cinnamon, Cream, Strawberry and Blaze all stay across the front gate.  It's cozy, but they enjoy each other's company.

Group Picture::
I asked mom if she would help me to get a picture of all of the dolls and their pets (not the big horses)
From left to right; Cinnamon, Hannah, Belle, Melody, Coconut, Peyton, Strawberry, Jacob, Sketch, Coco, Kanani, Cream, Nanea, Blaze, Mele, Tia, Diamond Tiara, Felicity, Josephina, Kryptonite and Pupito.
I want to start to take a picture each year, to show how the "family" grows.  (I think mom and I have decided to keep Josephina and Felicity since they haven't sold.)

No comments:

Post a Comment