Thursday, January 10, 2019

Let's talk about doll hair

Doreen here, as Zuri mentioned the Nicki (renamed Zoe) that we got for her had some serious frizzy ends.  I was frustrated that the seller didn't disclose how bad the hair was, as well as more details about some marks that she had.  At first I thought maybe we needed to re-wig her, but I decided that even if we did, trying to help her hair with other methods first wouldn't hurt.  I have flat ironed doll hair before with Zuri's Felicity.  It worked wonders to smooth and kill the dead ends (especially with a slight trimming), but all curl was lost!  Nicki was made with such pretty curls that I didn't want to just flatten out her hair. 
I decided this time to try Zuri's ceramic brush.  It's not this one, but this is a close model.  I set the temperature at 170 to start, but that wasn't hot enough.  I raised it to 190, and finally the sweet spot was 210.  It took the friz with multiple passes, without destroying the curl.  I then immediately took a pencil and rolled the small section of warm hair around the pencil and used a bobby pin to hold it into place.  After about an hour we removed the pins and finger placed the curls.  They are adorable, and it revitalized her hair significantly. 
My #58 is finally arriving Saturday if there are no other postal delays.  I think her hair will need some TLC, but hopefully it won't need heat, just re-finger styling.  I will post updates when she finally arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment