Sunday, July 1, 2018

Summer activities have begun and 18" doll UNICORN!!!!!

Two weeks ago I went to Cornerstone Kids Summer Day camp for the first time.  It was so fun!  I went because World Changers was also hosted at my church, and my entire family was working on missions.  I'm not 6th grade yet, so I couldn't participate. 
The first day that I went was actually Tuesday.  We had a splash day with water slides, sprinklers, and water play.  I played lemonade stand with some friends. 
The second day we had kitchen science.  I made a spider out of pretzels and cookies.  I ate the entire spider!  Yum!  We played a tag "spider" game.  We also made chalk/finger paint and bouncy balls.  I colored my ball red.
The third day I went to camp was spirit day.  I wore my camp shirt, and in Camp Plus we made bracelets with loom bands and played with LEGOs. 
Every day I had time to play outside, and inside with friends.  One of my best friends, Morgan, was also at camp and it was a lot of fun to see her every day.
After camp I went to my grand parents for the next week while my parents were doing mission work in Haiti. 
But before camp on the last day was the coolest surprise!  Mom took me to Goodwill and I found some 18" doll horses!  A black one that I named Galaxy and a white one I named Lyric!  We also got a green and purple jeep, which I am planning to resell to raise money for something special I want to buy!
Galaxy was in rough shape, she's a My Life As horse, and was clearly loved and played with.  She came with a red halter and leg warmers.  No reigns or saddle.  My mom worked for a long time detangling the mane and tail.  She's been groomed, but needs a little more time at the Animal Hospital before she can come to live at the stables.  She is being adopted by Kanani. 



Lyric the white one is different from all of my other horses.  He is not poseable, or covered with soft velvet.  He is an Our Generation 20" Camarillo horse.  He was absolutely perfect to be transformed into a unicorn. 
We used foil, Sculpy oven dry clay, paint, glitter and hot glue, and this is what we came up with.   
Now that we made his horn and groomed him, he's magnificent!  His full name is Lyrical Laif.  He's Meldoy's special friend.  He comes to her when she's creatively dreaming and they go to have adventures in her imagination. She has a special call for him too!  It's hard for me to describe it, it sounds like a hummingbird.  
He came with an English saddle, but no reigns.  We took the saddle off because WHO RIDES A UNICORN WITH A SADDLE???
We will be making some reigns for Melody to guide him with.  
Now that my mom is back, our summer is getting back to normal.  Along with the jeep, I am selling my Pleasant Company Felicity and Pleasant Company Josephina to add to my special purchase funds.  I will miss them, but I didn't play with them as much as I do the others.  
Stay tuned for more adventures with me and the American Girl Dolls!



No comments:

Post a Comment